Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Prayer, Professional Football and Planting

Every month I travel about 40 miles to spend some time with fellow pastors for prayer and fellowship. This is the one part of the month I soooooo look forward to. Being a pastor can be a lonely and trying job at times (especially in a small church and town) so it is very refreshing to spend time with fellow pastors and pray for one another. I was especially blessed this month as one of the pastors invited a former Minnesota Vikings defensive back to come and observe our time together. I wasn't bless because there was a great football player in our midst who played in Super Bowl 4 but because this man has a heart to pray for pastors. What a joy and privilege it is to know that there are men and women in this area praying daily for us. What I really noted about this gentleman was his humble spirit. As we were sharing our struggles and requests I asked the man, "Is there anything we can pray for you about?" He asked that we pray for his wife to come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. He has been praying for her for 30 years! That's right 30 years! Would you join me in praying for this man's wife? It doesn't matter who he is, I just ask you pray for her and for Jesus to reveal himself to her and lead her into a saving relationship with Him.

Another blessing of our time together is (after a hearty meal) we re-convene for our Northstar Church Multiplication Hub meeting. In our denomination we are really pushing forward with church planting. In the Upper Midwest we are praying God would establish new churches for his glory. I encourage you to go check out our web page here and read about what we are all about. The Northstar Center would appreciate your prayers as we continue to seek God in making decisions and assessing men and women for future ministry.

Lastly, I ask you to keep myself and our church leadership in your prayers. Would you pray that God would raise leaders in our midst so we may be the church God is calling us to be? I am also praying for God to send five (spiritually healthy) families or individuals to our church so we can continue to go out and minister to the community for the cause of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

cjewing said...

I hope you know you got our prayers!