Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Swimming Upstream

I came across this quote today in my morning reading... "According to the Bible, dreams and visions are supposed to be a normal part of Church life, and though God speaks to many people in dreams and visions, He does so even more to His prophets (see Numbers 12:6).  We are to expect a sharp increase in God's use of these visionary experiences."  Jack Deere (The Beginner's Guide to Prophecy).

I am currently preaching a series in church about discovering and using your spiritual gifts for the common good of the Church and for the glory of God.  In doing this series I picked up (again) my copy of Jack Deere's Beginner's Guide to Prophecy because the gift of prophecy intrigues me.  I write this all because I had a dream the other night and I am still trying to determine its meaning for me and my life/ministry.

The Dream
I was swimming in a stream, river or creek and I was swimming along quite nicely (I am not a very good swimmer so it was kind of weird that I was swimming along at a fast pace).  As I was swimming the stream,creek or river met up with another one and I swam around the corner taking the route where I began swimming upstream.  I was met with resistance but continued at the pace I was swimming regardless of the resistance.  The dream ended right then.

I am praying for a clear interpretation and if anyone wants to pray alongside me and ask God to reveal his message I would love to hear from you.

By the way, day two is coming along great with my physical activity and eating changes.  I already feel a lot better and I have more energy.  The Bible reading plan is going well as I read Matthew 13.  This chapter is such an awesome chapter as Jesus talks about the Kingdom of God.  It's a very insightful and I would encourage you to read it.

No comments: